Updated – 18 May 2023
This important draft of the Hackney licensing policy is open for consultation.
The timetable is currently published as;
● 8th March 2023 – Draft Policy for consultation presented to the Licensing Committee.
Consultation opens 15 May 2023 and closes 26 Jun 2023
● June/July 2023 – Licensing Committee recommends draft Licensing Policy for approval by Full Council.
● June/July 2023 – Licensing Committee considers Cumulative Impact Assessment for consultation.
● July 2023 – Full Council approves the Licensing Policy.
● 31 July 2023 – Licensing Policy comes into effect.
● September 2023 – Licensing Committee considers Cumulative Impact Assessment to be published following public consultation.
● October 2023 – Full Council considers Cumulative Impact Assessment to be published.
An introduction to the changes to the policy is found below along with the full policy and also a link to the Licensing Act 2003 which gives guidance on Cumulative Impact Assessments.
Introduction to the Licensing Policy 2023/28 and how to contribute
Draft Hackney Licensing Policy 2023/ 2028
The Licensing Act 2003 – Section 5a – Cumulative Impact Assessments