Members of the SCA met with Hackney town planners regarding the Stage development (2012/3871), a proposed 40 story mixed use development on Plough Yard by Curtain Road.
The SCA put forward a summary of concerns from the surrounding community.
Some of the points raised were:
1. The sheer height of the tower.
2. The massive bulk of the tower.
3. Setting a precedent for other towers in this area.
4. A question of viability, the sub station, a lack of depth on the retail plan.
5. Ensuring the excavated theatre will be run as an ongoing concern and attractive asset to the area.
Please post or send your comments
Further article including some SCA members can be read here.